Apr 24, 2009

the New Payroll

I started developing my payroll in 2000. I used Visual Basic for Applications to develop the program and Microsoft Access as my back-end database. Since 2000, my payroll has evolved into four versions. My latest edition is the fourth version which is more flexible than the previous versions.

The very first edition was customized for a fastfood business. The company is still using it until now. That time I still had no knowledge of Visual Basic, so I only used macros. It was still crude but still usable. In fact, the company has purchased 15 more copies for 15 more fastfood restaurants.

The second version was for a general business. That time, I already applied Visual Basic so as to make my payroll program more efficient and faster. This version, however, required a procedure that is unique to the company. For that reason, I could not sell it to other companies. So, I developed a third version.

The third edition was more flexible. It included processing of time data based on proximity timekeeping. I made this version more flexible so that it can fit any type of business.

I'm currently revising my payroll today to accommodate the recent changes in revenue taxation. This version is now my fourth edition.

No comments:

Post a Comment