Apr 24, 2009

Accounting Automation

Aside from the payroll program that I sell, I also do consulting. By profession, I am a private accountant. I've had years of accounting jobs that at this point I no longer want to do bookkeeping or the tedious and nitty gritty part of accounting. I'm done with the routine accounting deadlines. At this point, I prefer a less stressful kind of job.

When I was working as an accountant, I was able to use my programming skills to facilitate and speed up my job. I had to automate everything because I easily got bored of so many paper works and volumes of calculations. I wanted my work a lot easier. Why suffer the pain of manual accounting when I can just click to post and prepare the financial statements.

So, what I do now is to encourage small businesses to automate their accounting system. There are many accounting software available in the market like MYOB , Simply Accounting , and Peachtree . Among the three, I usually recommend MYOB. I'm satisfied with its features and its data security. But I won't recommend it in a network environment for the reason that it uses the file-sharing technology of Windows. If a number of users are already working on the same data file, the systems slows down. Another thing is that you will need to get an authorization number (company code) from MYOB, which is a hustle, each time there is a network error. The company code is something that you cannot get everyday. There is a limit of times depending on your product license.

To develop an accounting system will take years, so I'm not ambitioning that. MYOB, Simply Accounting, or Peachtree will work well. Upon installation, which takes a few minutes, you can implement it at once. Compared to a customized accounting system, it will takes years before you can implement it; plus the fact, that it is more expensive. So, implementing these over-the-counter accounting systems to your businesses is a wise decision. It's economical and more satisfactory because you see results at once.

My services include installation and setup of the software, training, and assistance to the migration process. In the training, we'll go live at once. We'll use your real data because that's part of the migration process.

No comments:

Post a Comment